A B S T R A C T S & P A P E R S
The 18th UIFA Congress welcomes the submission of papers and exhibits related to the theme of the woman architect and her field of influence, including architecture, construction, research, education and practice. The Congress is hosted by the International Archive of Women in Architecture and coincides with the IAWA’s 30th anniversary. Submissions of papers and exhibits are an opportunity to continue to create and enhance the networks in the constellation of women’s achievements in architecture. We look forward to a diversity of approaches and viewpoints, from an individual and/or global perspective.
Papers will be presented in the following five broad categories representing women’s contributions to architecture and the related design fields.
- Historical and contemporary architecture and design
- Research including but not limited to design, materials, technology, historic construction, etc.
- Education - may include pedagogy and the education of women architects
Please indicate the applicable abstract category in the form below.
Summary of Abstract Preparation
Those who wish to present a paper are asked to send a copy of the abstract and oral presentation manuscript prepared in accordance with the following outline:
- Abstracts will be published in the abstract collection distributed during the Congress. Therefore, please fill out and submit the electronic form below OR download the form here and submit by fax or mail (refer to form for fax number and mailing address) no later than June 22, 2015.
- The font-size should be in the range of 12 points.
- Abstract length should be 500 words maximum.
- Please enter your name, theme, title, etc. as indicated in the form.
- Please attach a full-face photo of yourself 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm.
- As a general rule, the abstract should be written in one of the official languages of the Congress: English, French or Japanese. If the abstract is written in French or Japanese, please include a translation in English.
- Deadline for the submission of abstracts is June 22, 2015.
Outline of paper presentations
- Time – 15 minutes.
- Language – any of the official languages of French, English or Japanese.
- Equipment expected to be available: projector and screen, speakers compatible with laptops and other handheld devices, podium.